Friday, May 16, 2008

First Larp shoot (13th screen)




Well, we have to shoot again, though our shoot last week was great, we will add in with a new shoot tomorrow.

It was quite an intense experience. After deciding that our video was going to be a piece called Larpers in the City directed by my student Jonathan. The premise: An alchemist sends 9 identity-less deceiples out into the world to find themselves through the camera

Personally I found this to be quite an intense experience, feeling as if this is what we are always doing, what we look at becoming ourselves. I found myself looking for things I wanted, or began to need, when near things I specifically didn't want (loud people) I didn't know how to block them out, as ultimately they too would be in the camera. Hence Some things we purposely put into our identity, others.. just happen to us.

Here are some other paraphrases from the participants:
(Matt Ch.) - "George" - The ladies gave him the name George!
"Noone knows what kind of cheese i like"
"Noone knows what kind of fruit i like"
He was looking for something and he felt he tried too hard, he kept running into the word STOP and signs of NO.

(Reid) Was drawn to Places - Squirrels and birds and cracks in wlls - little spaces. he is afraid he may not have died right in the end.

(Jess) "Everyone else knows where they are going, but I don't"

No comments: